Dir Strategic Planning 1
- Fort Worth, TX
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a leader to support the Airborne Sensors and Networks (AS&N) Division's business and strategy objectives. The position will be the primary interface to aircraft prime accounts and be able to identify, prioritize and guide key internal research and development (R&D) and contract R&D technology projects in order to successfully transition into airborne systems avionics capabilities and AS&N sales.
The successful candidate would effectively interface with aircraft primes cultivate strategic customer relations. Key activities include customer engagement, market assessment, competitive assessment, product development, and capture strategy and execution. Determining customer operational gaps and requirements, and helping establish internal research and development (R&D) priorities to answer these gaps for both domestic and international customers, is crucial.
This position will involve deep understanding of Prime contractor business practices, their platform's mission utility, and AS&N mission solution strategies for these platforms. The successful candidate will effectively translate AS&N investments and its product line portfolio into compelling solutions for prime contractors to meet AS&N sales goals.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Customer interaction management
- Long range strategic planning
- Requirements identification, generation and interpretation
- Sensor improvement and derivative identification
- Business and technology transition opportunity identification and validation
- Capture planning and execution
- Integrated product team (IPT) leadership
- Program management (internal and contract R&D)
- BS degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience in technical, business development and analysis, business management or military operational disciplines.
- Technical and USAF/USMC/USN customer knowledge in airborne radar, infrared, fire control systems, electronic warfare, threat systems, datalinks, identification systems, defensive systems, weapons, operating modes and their CONEMP/CONOPS.
- Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
- Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal and developing deep customer relationships through understanding and trust.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills including the ability to generate written material to communicate to customers at all levels, including senior executives.
- U.S citizen and active US DoD Secret clearance (in scope) and the ability to qualify for access to Special Access Programs (SAPs).
- Active US DoD Top Secret clearance, SAP, and SCI clearances.
- MS or MA degree.
- Top level understanding of Boeing or Lockheed Martin aircraft prime business.
- Programmatic and technical understanding of advanced airborne radar system architectures, infrared targeting systems, EW systems requirements, applications and avionics integration.
- Deep understanding of adversary weapon systems capabilities, weaknesses, timelines and their CONEMP/CONOPS.
- Deep understanding of DoD PPBE, Congressional budgeting, and DoD acquisition processes to include Other Transaction Authority (OTA) processes.
- Ability to apply entrepreneurial approaches to expand aerospace systems markets.
- Ability to integrate multiple advanced technologies into mission level capabilities.
Back to top