Dir Software Engineering 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Director of Software engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The selected candidate will be both the functional manager of all software engineers and the B-2 Software IPT leader. The position is located in OKC and hard line reports to the NGAS Engineering Vice President of Palmdale and Oklahoma City and dotted line report to the B-2 Program Vice President.
- In the functional management position the selected candidate will be accountable for owning and leading improvements across employee engagement, hiring, development, training, attraction, and retention of top talent.
- Mentor, develop, and train your department managers, section managers, and overall employee base.
- Accomplish deliverables while also managing within NCTA, indirect, and capital budgets for all Palmdale COE software team.
- Deploy known software engineering best practices and contribute back to the sector new best practices developed at your site.
- Work with counterparts at other NGAS COEs and NGC to ensure your organizations approach to people, process, and tools is leading and aligned with the companies best practices.
- The B-2 Software IPT lead SOW includes the B-2 Bomber from inception through completion, sections working on AP programs, and F-35.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of software efforts associated with major upgrades and sustainment programs.
- Implement Agile Software processes and integrating necessary tools and test methodologies across the NGC and Government provided infrastructure within the WSSC.
- Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program software activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from software development, testing and certification areas.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field.
Must have at least 12 years of experience in Software Development.
Experience leading change across large organizations and programs
Must have at least two years of experience in leading agile software development efforts for major acquisition programs
Active In-Scope Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain program access to major COE programs.
Master's Degree in a STEM related field or in Business Management.
Technical expertise in one of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Software Design and Development, Software Sustainment, Military Avionics Development and Integration.
SEI CMMI Level 3 or higher, AS9100, or DO-178
Experience working as a Software Project Manager or leading a functional organization
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top