Dir Fac and Real Estate
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector has an opening for a Facilities Director to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will supporting sector facilities, and will be located in either Palmdale, CA or El Segundo, CA.
This person will be responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of activities related to facilities and real estate at the sector level, ensuring alignment with sector long range plans, and will be accountable for ensuring that overall budgets, schedules, and performance standards are met. Responsibilities include approximately 17M sq. ft. of owned/leased property across the US including complex manufacturing, paint, test, offices, laboratories and high bay assembly areas.
This person will direct an entire function, through several department managers and/or directors, where results and decisions affect an entire sector. Scope and complexity of responsibilities require the integration of both facilities and real estate management related knowledge and experience. The position requires significant experience managing maintenance trades, ability to make decisions where there is little precedent, and using judgment based on a broad framework of goals and strategies. This person represents the sector as a prime internal & external contact on contracts and/or operations; has regular interaction with director & VP-level customer management, and has critical influence over sector business decisions.
- Responsible to execute the sector fiscal and operational responsibilities associated with the following facilities disciplines across all programs, functions, and CoE operations across the sector:
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Facility Infrastructure Maintenance
- Production Equipment Maintenance
- Real Estate Transactions
- Responsible for internal and external customer, regulatory and environmental compliance
- Project Management
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience in facilities maintenance operations and/or engineering, planning, design/architecture
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing matrix teams
- Position requires someone with prior experience managing cross discipline teams, budgets, and schedules
- Project management experience
- Proficiency using MS Office applications
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance newly granted or reviewed within 5 years.
- Top Secret Clearance
- Master's Degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top