Digital Hardware Manager 2
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a first line Manager to lead our team of highly qualified, diverse individuals in Digital Technologies. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance. Qualified applicant will become part of the Digital Technology department, which specializes in product designs for airborne, ground-based; maritime and space applications. Digital engineering disciplines include Digital Subsystems, Digital Boards, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs), and Advanced Verification. The individual will be responsible for managing a Digital Design group located in Linthicum, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Digital Technology Manager role will focus on two primary areas of responsibility: people leadership and technical performance. Direct reports will include design engineers as well as senior advisory and fellow engineers. Team leadership will include functional oversight of a group of 12-16 engineers working on multiple programs, IRAD initiatives, and new business capture opportunities. Responsibilities include support and adherence to standard design processes, oversight of cost, schedule, and technical quality for various development, integration or production programs, and support for new business development and proposals. An additional critical responsibility is the development and advancement of the technology, including driving new design processes and determining more efficient methodologies for design.
This position is also responsible for staffing and workload forecast; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs. The responsibilities include the recruiting, sourcing, onboarding, performance management and contract maintenance for the contractors working in the business area.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/ she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers. The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field
- 7+ years of experience in the digital engineering discipline.
- Experience in functional management or, management of a project, and knowledge of Digital Design technologies/tools for Digital Subsystem, Board, ASIC, and FPGA designs.
- Experienced in all aspects of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, high proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance.
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- 10 years of experience leading in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Demonstrated success leading high performance teams
- Active Secret Clearance or TS/SSBI
Back to top