Digital Hardware Engineer 3 (Alice Springs, AU)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a highly qualified Digital Hardware Engineer looking to join a program hardware team located in Alice Springs, Australia. The hardware team requires individuals with digital communication systems maintenance experience who can work in a structured configuration control environment.
The selected candidate will be required to:
- Know basic communication theory and be familiar with digital and analog modulation/demodulation techniques
- Perform system, subsystem, unit and board-level troubleshooting and repair
- Develop and modify procedures for alignment
- Respond to system and subsystem anomalies as required.
The individual will also be required to:
- Explain root cause and fault resolution to a technical and non-technical audience
- Have experience using oscilloscopes, BER testers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, volt meters and other equipment used for testing digital communication systems
- Have an understanding of AC & DC electronic theory as well as various communication protocols such as RS232, RS422, GPIB, etc.
- Have experience with BPSK & QPSK waveforms and methods for testing and troubleshooting systems that use such techniques
- Provide on-call 24/7 emergency anomaly response to diagnose data and support restoration/repair efforts
This position requires that the selected candidate be able to satisfy the following physical demands:
- Ability to work on elevated structures at heights of ~100 feet
- Ability to work in narrow and confined spaces
- Ability to lift and carry ~45lbs (20kgs)
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation assistance.
A 2 year commitment is required. Applicant must pass physical, psychological and security/polygraph screening
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science/Technical/Engineering/Math) with 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: ground service, field service, SATCOM, hardware or RF engineering; or Master's degree with 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic communication theory, digital and analog modulation/demodulation techniques, AC & DC electronic theory and various communication protocols such as RS232, RS422, GPIB, etc.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, BER testers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, volt meters and other equipment for testing digital communication systems and perform system, subsystem, unit and board level troubleshooting and repairs
- Ideal candidates will have experience with BPSK & QPSK waveforms and methods for testing and troubleshooting systems that use such techniques
- Must possess and have the ability to retain, a current SCI clearance with a SSBI and counter intelligence polygraph
- Experience with digital modulation techniques and waveforms.
- Experience with programming in PERL, C , or LabView
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top