Digital Hardware Engineer
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a highly qualified Digital Hardware Engineer 3 looking to join a program hardware team located in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. The hardware team requires individuals with digital communication systems maintenance experience who can work in a structured configuration control environment.
Candidate responsibilities include develop requirements, assist with coding, and conduct I&T for implementation of VHDL on Artix and Xilinx hardware. Support development of design review material, including system schematics and logic diagrams. Participate in system testing of VHDL on FPGA.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science/Technical/Electrical/Math)
- Shall have a minimum of five (05) years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
o ground service
o field service
- Shall have experience with Digital Hardware Engineer Schematic and layout experience
- Shall have hardware or RF engineering and knowledge and understanding of the following:
o Basic communication theory
o digital and analog modulation/demodulation techniques
o AC & DC electronic theory and various communication protocols
o Ability to use oscilloscopes, BER testers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, volt meters and other equipment for testing digital communication systems and perform system, subsystem, unit and board level troubleshooting and repair
- Experience with hardware design for VHDL on FPGA
- Prior experience conducting formal test & evaluation
- Experience with High Security system assurance
- Ideal candidates will have experience with BPSK & QPSK waveforms and methods for testing and troubleshooting systems that use such techniques
- Experience with digital modulation techniques and waveforms
- Experience with programming in PERL, C , or LabView
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top