Desktop Support Technician
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Desktop Support Technician to support the DSS-ITSS program's Customer Service team. This position is located in Quantico, VA. The Desktop Support Technician will support deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various technologies across all enclaves (NIPR/SIPR/JWICs). The desktop support team is an extension of the customer support team and is responsible for timely resolution of service requests, incidents, and issues. Service requests are managed, tracked, and updated through the enterprise ticket management system (Remedy). All Desktop Engineering/Automation services must conform to the latest DOD information security policies and timelines.
- Update and maintain the SOPs to support desktop engineering/automation.
- Provide day-to-day operations for desktop engineering/automation tasks.
- Provide timely service and resolution of service requests and incidents in accordance with the service level agreements.
- Build, image, update, maintain, and secure DSS enterprise endpoints.
- Ensure all baseline configurations across endpoints are done securely with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) compliance in accordance with DOD mandates.
- Ensure appropriate testing of desktop packages is done prior to deployment.
- Troubleshoot and make recommendations to the government for remediation of security or functionality issues in the desktop image.
- Perform patches IAW DOD authorized timelines.
- Coordinate resolution of desktop incidents and issues with the appropriate DSS team (e.g., CND, DCO, etc.)
- Ensure all service requests and issues are tracked and documented.
- Recommend and implement technology, knowledge management and processes that improve the effectiveness of desktop engineering/automation.
- Identify problematic trends and patterns and recommend solutions.
- Document desktop system configuration, network configuration, and inventory of software to be supported.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer as required.
- 5 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree, 3 years of experience with a Master's.
- 9 years' experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Proven experience providing technical support to internal and external customers in the areas of desktop, laptop and peripheral break-fix meeting SLAs.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting desktop systems, workstations and network connectivity issues.
- Excellent communication skills and top-notch customer service experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a team that includes DoD military personnel, civilians and contractors
- Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- Active/current DoD Secret clearance
- Active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- Extensive experience using Remedy BMC and SharePoint
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician certification
- Linux Certified Professional
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top