Desktop Engineering/Automation Lead
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Desktop Engineering/Automation Lead to support the DSS program's Customer Service team. This position is located in Quantico, VA. The Desktop Engineering/Automation Lead will ensure support of deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various technologies across all enclaves (NIPR/SIPR/JWICs).
The Desktop Engineering/Automation Lead is an extension of the Customer Support Manager and is responsible for ensuring timely resolution of service requests, incidents, and issues. She/he will verify service requests are managed, tracked, and updated through the enterprise ticket management system (Remedy). She/he will certify all Desktop Engineering/Automation services must conform to the latest DOD information security policies and timelines.
- Update and maintain the SOPs to support desktop engineering/automation.
- Provide day-to-day operation leadership for desktop engineering/automation tasks.
- Ensure timely service and resolution of service requests and incidents in accordance with the service level agreements.
- Support and train team to build, image, update, maintain, and secure DSS enterprise endpoints.
- Ensure all baseline configurations across endpoints are done securely with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) compliance in accordance with DOD mandates.
- Ensure appropriate testing of desktop packages is done prior to deployment.
- Troubleshoot and make recommendations to the government for remediation of security or functionality issues in the desktop image.
- Ensure patches IAW DOD authorized timelines.
- Coordinate resolution of desktop incidents and issues with the appropriate DSS team (e.g., CND, DCO, etc.)
- Ensure all service requests and issues are tracked and documented.
- Recommend and implement technology, knowledge management and processes that improve the effectiveness of desktop engineering/automation.
- Identify problematic trends and patterns and recommend solutions.
- Document desktop system configuration, network configuration, and inventory of software to be supported.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer as required.
- Bachelors of Science degree and 9 years' experience or a Master's degree and 7 years' experience.
- 4 additional years of industry experience may be substituted for Bachelor's degree
- Proven success manager an enterprise level IT team, preferably Desktop Support
- Proven experience providing technical support to internal and external customers in the areas of desktop, laptop and peripheral break-fix meeting SLAs.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting desktop systems, workstations and network connectivity issues.
- Excellent communication skills and top-notch customer service attitude
- Experience in a team that includes DoD military personnel, civilians and contractors
- CompTIA Security or equivalent certification
- Applicable Computing Environment or OS Certificate
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Extensive experience using Remedy BMC and SharePoint
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician certification
- ITILv3 Foundations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top