Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently in search of a Designer 4 to support our deployable space structure programs in Carpinteria, CA.
S(he) will design major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations. They will also develop basic data and make preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present a design proposal. All will be done in conjunction with other organizations affected by design development.
- Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Create layouts of complex assemblies and detail parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies.
- Recommend revisions and/or improvements in design layout to the responsible engineers or designers.
- An Associate's or other two year technical degree in a related discipline, with six (6) years of related experience in mechanical or electro/drafting with aerospace structures and mechanisms.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience using Solidworks and PDMWorks is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing practices and comprehensive working knowledge of ASME 14.5, ASME Y14.100.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top