Design Checking Engineer 2/3
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Engineering Design Checker and Drafter. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in San Diego, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of Mission Systems Sector's Airborne C4ISR Systems Division, supporting the Communication Systems Business Unit at our Rancho Carmel location. We design, produce, and sustain complex
equipment which enables modern battlefields and supports aviation and ground-based missions. Our focus is in the area of airborne radio communications and electronic warfare products, which we develop from the ground up, and include RF receivers and transmitters, logic boards, power supplies, power amplifiers, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Engineering Design Checker and Drafter (The Checker) performs various tasks associated with engineering work products (drawings, documents, etc.). This includes examining and marking up engineering drawings and related
documents for completeness, clarity, correctness of materials and processes, compliance to military, industry, and internal design/drafting standards, design specifications, etc. The Checker also will be tasked as a drafter, responsible for
generating engineering drawings, documents, associated lists, etc. on an as-needed basis.
The Checker will review or generate constituents of Technical Data Packages, including circuit card fabrication drawings, sheet-metal and machined part drawings, RF and digital cable and wire harness drawings, assembly drawings, parts lists, change requests and incorporations, and test specifications.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications below.
Position may be filled at a level 2 or 3.
Basic Qualifications for Level 2:
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline and a minimum of 2 years related experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Basic Qualifications for Level 3:
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline and a minimum of 5 years related experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Basic Qualifications for Level 2 and 3:
- Understanding of military (MIL-) and industry drafting standards (ASME Y14...).
- Familiarity with typical enterprise software products including Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Proficiency with parametric CAD software.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience with electronics packaging and circuit card design documentation.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
- Education and Professional Experience: 10 or more years of relevant work history with a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline.
- Proficiency with industry standard Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficiency with CATIA V5 CAD software (both Modeling and Drafting).
- Experience contributing to military standard Technical Data Packages.
- Solid writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience with military communications system design.
- Active U.S. Government security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top