Deputy Data Center Operations Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Senior Manager to serve as the DSS-ITSS Deputy Datacenter Operations Manager. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Deputy Datacenter Operations Manager will provide a flexible enterprise IT environment that can meet changing strategic goals and priorities as well as demands for capacity and new capabilities that support the DSS mission. Support
Headquarters Data Center East (DCE), the Disaster Recovery (DR) Data Center West (DCW), a small server/storage environment and MilCloud environments. Manage DCE networks (comprised of NIPR, SIPR, JWICS) and DCW (NIPR) and all associated infrastructure. DCE is also responsible for managing network access connections only for NATO,
Insider Threat internal and an FBI network.
- Maintain working partnerships at all levels of the DSS organization (strategic, tactical, and operational) in order to cohesively design, implement, and maintain networks, systems, applications, and technology within the enterprise.
- Develop a formal communications plan in accordance with the PMP that ensures communication and collaboration efforts achieve success.
- Maintain relationships with third party vendors and contractors to ensure technology roadmaps are part of the overall data center operations lifecycle management plan.
- Support enterprise architecture plans and technology roadmaps and continually evaluate business cases for new technologies in the enterprise.
- Maintain awareness and transparency (i.e. integrated dashboard solution) on service level agreements and performance measurements within the task.
- Develop, update, and maintain a rigorous Lifecycle Management Plan (LCMP) for all task area equipment, software, and hardware in coordination with Asset Management.
- Network support includes engineering, operations, maintenance and administration, and security for environment consisting of NIPR, SIPR, JWICS, NATO, Insider Threat internal and an FBI network.
- Conduct planning, design, configuration, troubleshooting, implementation, security, operations, and management for all DSS networks.
- Ensure all network services shall be performed in accordance with the latest DSS and DOD policies and procedures.
- Ensure deployment of Networks support personnel to field offices.
- Update and maintain the SOPs for network security, engineering, operations, and administration activities for all enclaves
- Ensure installation, configuration, test patches and changes required by Vulnerability Management System issuances (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVMs, STIGs) in accordance with the suspense date articulated by the government authority. All patches shall be tested in pre-production and scheduled with the Government prior to deployment.
- Maintain the network certification and accreditation documentation.
- Infrastructure asset lifecycle maintenance and ensuring the infrastructure is maintained and secured in all enclaves.
- Provide reliable, high availability services and optimize server infrastructure to achieve high performance and cost efficiencies for virtual and non-virtual systems.
- Maintain all configurations IAW DOD policies and procedures.
- Design, engineer, implement, and maintain storage and backup solutions.
- Develop, update, and maintain existing and new storage architectures (including SAN interconnections).
- Perform Network Attached Storage (NAS)/Fabric Attached Storage (FAS) management for storage.
- Support database administration services including modifications to any system or production application database and pre-production database.
- Support planning and transition efforts to standup new DR\COOP site.
- Fully implement a DR Plan immediately upon Government or Helpdesk notification or through self-analysis that production services have failed, includes restoration of all DSS production systems and data. The DR plan shall be maintained and executed in accordance with DOD policies and mandates.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technologies, Engineering or Mathematics field
- 9 years of experience managing Data Center Operations.
- Experience managing a large team performing Network Support, Server and Storage Administration, and Disaster Recovery requirements.
- Experience in lifecycle enterprise vulnerability management.
- Experience supporting a geographically dispersed network infrastructure.
- Experience using the Risk Management Framework.
- IAT-II or higher IA Baseline Certification (SEC , CISSP, etc.)
- Computing Environment or OS Certificate
- Possess active/current TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Experience overseeing the execution of complex technical projects.
- Experience in deploying and operating secure systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top