Deputy Chief / Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to be the Deputy Chief Engineer on a large program located in Annapolis Junction.
This Systems Engineer will:
- will serve as the deputy to the NCC OU Chief Engineer and be inwardly focused on program day-to-day technical execution across both Increment and Non-Increment
- work with the program lead systems engineers, this Systems Engineer will drive coordination and collaboration in terms of capability roadmaps, utilization of shared services (I&T, SDT, Architecture, Thread Engineering and other disciplines)
- take on day-to-day responsibility of driving initiatives such as the I&T Strategy, unclassified development, and other technical initiatives formulated by the OU leadership team
- identify key customer hard problems, design technical discriminators, and drive the overall solution approach into the increment and non-increments day-to-day operations
- Security Clearance: An active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (04) years of system engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Shall have nine (09) years of experience as a System Engineer supporting software intensive system and software development including areas such as requirements analysis, requirements management, system architecture, system design, process execution and evaluation, selections and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, systems development, integration, verification and sustainment.
- Shall have strong systems engineering skills for implementing technical solutions into existing operations.
- Shall have experience supporting IC customers and working directly as an IC mission operator.
- Shall have experience with network technologies, cyber technologies and mission operations, and large customer enterprises.
- Shall have demonstrated experience instituting technological and/or cultural adoption in a challenging customer environment.
- Shall have very strong written & oral communication skills.
- Experience supporting mission analysts
- Experience with Analytics, Provisioning, or Dataflow solutions
- Experience with site reliability engineering
- Experience implementing transformative integration strategies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top