Deployed Engineer Quality 3
The qualified applicant will become part of Quality/Mission Excellence (QME) Group supporting a major program's forward deployed operations group. This position is a deployed position supporting locations outside the continental United States. The successful candidate will functionally report to the Quality Manager in San Diego, and operationally to the program's designated Site Manager of the assigned deployed location. The successful candidate will provide independent oversight of the program execution with the focus on achieving total mission success while meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Supports implementation of QME processes, including quality assurance, safety assurance, and performs independent assessments and reviews. Assures implementation of program processes such as aircraft operations, tool/FOD control, and FRACAS reporting. Implements local process in support of site management requirements performs compliance audits, and continuous process improvement actions. The successful candidate should expect to be deployed for a minimum of 75% annually.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering STEM discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Required to successfully pass a health physical with no disqualifying physical conditions in order to remain employed.
- Direct and documented deployment experience in the military or as contractors supporting military aircraft maintenance operations.
- The candidate must accept and qualify for extended deployment periods outside the continental United States.
- Experience with project disciplines (quality assurance, supplier management, logistics, software/systems engineering).
- Must have an operational knowledge of ISO 9001/AS9100, Corrective/Preventive Action Systems, and Risk management practices.
- Experience and knowledge of Military and Commercial aircraft flight line operations.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Power Point, Excel, and Project)
- Expert experience with aviation electronics, radios, processors, and computers
- Experience with military/commercial aircraft electronic communication systems.
- Experience using military/commercial maintenance reporting data-bases
- Experience with military flight line operations
- Active Secret Clearance
- Master's degree in aviation maintenance and operation disciplines
- Military ProSup experience
- Current Airframe & Power Plant Certification (A&P)
- Current FAA Inspection Authorization certification
- Certified Air Force IMDS Red X
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top