DB2 Database Administrator
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman's Technical Services sector is seeking a DB2 Database Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Woodlawn, MD.
Look to a future of excellence by joining a Northrop Grumman team delivering cutting edge technology solutions to our clients. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Solutions Management division that focuses on Medicare and Medicaid fraud protection for our Federal, state, and local government clients.
This role is crucial to the success of our team. The successful job candidate must have excellent communication skills and be a detail-oriented self-starter. Will be required to coordinate with internal and external support teams and is skilled at managing databases from design to implementation. This person will be an individual contributor but will work well within and across teams to accomplish his/her tasks.
The chosen candidate will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team developing analytical applications for Northrop Grumman's Healthcare systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 12 years of experience or 9 years with a Master's degree.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Legal Resident Status required in order to obtain Public Trust Security designation.
- 4 years' of progressively responsible professional experience in database administration and production support of DB2
- Experience in infrastructure setup of DB2
- Strong experience in administration of DB2
- Strong expertise in data mining and optimizing the queries for business intelligence
- Experience with store procedures, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication, written and verbal skills
- Experienced in working with open-source and COTS software in test and production environments.
- Experience with Linux operating systems, including Red Hat
- Knowledgeable of security domains and Domain Name Service (DNS
- Able to follow configuration and change management policies and procedures in maintaining software.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with Hadoop 2.x, Elastic Search 1.4x
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience in Java and web based application development
- Experience with Agile methods
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top