Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
We are seeking a Data Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO. The position will support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC).
The candidate will:
- support business analysts and developers on project teams as they document their data requirements and establish thorough specifications.
- conduct facilitation sessions to gather requirements.
- builds logical model.
- review data for accuracy, report problems and work with developers and other engineers to resolve issues.
- analyze data, requirements and engage with other engineers to identify the root cause of data issues
- work with database administrators to build the physical model and overall data architecture. - review and report on project metrics to benchmark effectiveness.
- work closely with database administrators and developers to ensure that business models are accurately implemented in application systems.
- provide education on the naming and modeling standards; assists with modeling specific constructs.
- review project models to ensure adherence to standards.
- ensure data quality alignment.
- work on and across multiple projects to ensure consistency in naming conventions and promotes the sharing and reuse of data across applications and business areas.
- ensure that data analysis goals are met.
- contribute to data management internal projects as well as the upgrading of standards and best practice guidelines.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to other team members
- Assist the team and client in requirements gathering and validation
- Author and present technical design documentation
- Plan and lead major technology assignments
- Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- B.S. degree 10 year experience, or M.S. degree 7 year experience, or Ph. D 3 year experience
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Outstanding verbal and written skills are essential
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- Active Top Secret SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top