We are seeking a Database Developer to support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC). The Database Developer is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to ensure the infrastructure operations.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- B.S. degree 5 years' experience, or M.S. degree 3 years' experience, or Ph. D 0 year experience.
- Experience in designing, creating and developing Oracle database systems
- Experience in developing logical and physical data models using data modeling tools such as Rational Data Architect, Erwin, Oracle Developer, other tools
- Strong programming/development skills using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills such as Bulk collections, dynamic SQL, and parallel processing
- Solid experience designing partitioned and non-partitioned tables, indexes, temporary tables and external tables to maximize storage and performance
- Experience designing OLAP systems
- Strong SQL development, SQL analytics and tuning skills
- Excellent analytic, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
- Strong communications skills (both verbal & written)
- Active Secret/SSBI clearance
- Experience working within the DMDC PSA division.
- Active Secret clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top