Northrop Grumman Technical Services Health Solution is seeking an experienced Database Administrator to join a team of high performing, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rockville, MD.
Be part of a team that has developed and maintains web-based information systems used by the scientific research community to facilitate the study of pathogenic viruses, including influenza, Ebola, Zika, Dengue, Hepatitis and 4500 other virus species. The data and tools provided by these NIH-funded web sites are meant to facilitate hypothesis generation aimed at development of therapeutic methods for control and elimination of these viral pathogens. Complete data and software releases occur every 2 months including at least one major system enhancement in each release. This position is within the data management group. The applications reside on the Amazon cloud (AWS) and use the Oracle 12c RDBMS. Responsibilities include:
- Management of Oracle databases, including data models, tables and schemas to store data
- Develop and maintain complex scripts/programs to support data computation, data loading, and data integration
- Perform Oracle database management functions including resolving performance issues, making schema changes required for new functionality, and installing new releases
- Responsible for bi-monthly data generation and loading tasks during each release cycle.
BS Degree in technical or scientific field or equivalent experience plus 9 years work experience.
- Hands-on Oracle DBA experience (minimum of 5 years) using database 11g and above on Linux Platform. Oracle 12c and VLDB experience desirable.
- Oracle developer experience using SQLPLUS and Oracle PL/SQL scripting language (minimum of 5 years), including development and debugging of Oracle Procedures/ Functions/Packages.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting. Perl scripting experience desirable.
- Experience in designing data models, schema and tables
- Experience in manipulating Oracle LOBs and data loading tools like SQL*Loader and Oracle External Table and in parsing and loading data formatted in heterogeneous formats
- Experience with TOAD Suite and familiarity with DB Visualizer, and SQL developer 12c
- Experience with at least one data modeling tool, preferably ERWIN
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience implementing, tuning, and maintaining Oracle databases using Oracle enterprise software on AWS a major plus but not essential
- Knowledge of Bio-Informatics data and tools a major plus
- Experience working in Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and Oracle Partitioning
- MS Degree desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top