Database Architect 5
We are seeking a Senior Data Architect to support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC).
The candidate will:
- design and build relational databases.
- perform data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
- develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
- work in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, and metadata repository creation.
- translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- define, design, and build dimensional databases.
- develop data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
- review and develop object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
Provide guidance to other team members
Assist the team and client in requirements gathering and validation
Author and present technical design documentation
Plan and lead major technology assignments
Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- B.S. degree 15 year experience, or M.S. degree 10 year experience, or Ph. D 5 year experience
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Outstanding verbal and written skills are essential
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Ability to design physical and logical data models
- Familiarity with relational database design principles
- Experience designing data warehouses
- Experience designing and maintaining ETL processes
- Experience tuning databases and processes to maximize performance
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- Active Secret clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Active Top Secret SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top