Database Architect 4
Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications. Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications. May create standards and/or do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
The Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services organization is seeking a Database Architect to join its team of DBA's in Irving, Texas.
The selected candidate will provide DB2 and HANA database support for business application systems. This individual will apply develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Work is performed without appreciable direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
Primary duties include:
- Perform database maintenance tasks to support application changes and ensure integrity and efficient performance of the databases. (Typical maintenance tasks include backup, recovery, migration, space management, structural changes, and performance tuning)
- Participate in the research and resolution of database problems.
- Research and install DBMS software packages.
- Document and improve work processes.
- Provide thorough coordination with customers, application developers, customers, and other IT groups.
Analytical tasks include but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Conduct performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Review database design and integration of systems, provide backup recovery and make recommendation regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintain security and integrity controls.
- Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization.
- Develop stored procedures and/or triggers
- 10 years of relevant IT experience with a Bachelor's in Science degree; 5 years with a Master's
- Proven experience as a DB2 Database Architect.
- SAP HANA experience.
- SAP HANA experience
- DB2 experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top