Database Architect 3/4
Northrop Grumman is looking for a talented and experienced Database Administrator with a strong Oracle background to join a large, dynamic program in Aurora, Colorado. This program is a large, complex Information Technology project which uses several COTS database products, including Oracle Database and IBM DB2. The candidate should be familiar these products supporting each through the entire lifecycle from design/development through delivery and operational support. The position requires an individual to work on a small, highly skilled team which supports mission critical systems by providing technical database support and establishing innovative, time sensitive solutions. The preferred candidate must work under minimal supervision, have the ability to multi-task and adapt to change, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of assigned tasks, independently determine the approach to fixing problems and push to closure on scheduled milestones.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
Basic Qualifications for a Band 3:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related technical degree with 5 years experience; Masters and 3 years experience; or 8 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years experience in Oracle and SQL
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Basic Qualifications for a Band 4:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related technical degree with 9 years experience; Masters and 7 years experience; or 12 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 10 years experience in Oracle and SQL
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience in designing, modeling, developing, and supporting large RDBMS systems
- Experience with Oracle 11g and 12c in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with integration
- Strong understanding of SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with the installation, configuration, and upgrading Oracle databases
- Experience working with Oracle Multitenant, Oracle RAC, and Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Strong understanding of Oracle performance monitoring, tuning, and query optimization
- Strong understanding of Oracle backup and restore procedures including RMAN
- Working knowledge of Oracle in a Linux/Unix virtual environments
- General understanding of Redhat Linux 5.x-6.x
- Familiarity with IBM DB2 and Teradata a plus
- Security Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top