Database Architect 3
We are seeking a Database Administrator to support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC).
The candidate will:
- provide all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- design, create, and maintain databases in a client/server environment.
- conduct quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- advise users on access to various client/server databases.
- design, implement, and maintain complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- apply knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
Provide guidance to other team members
Assist the team and client in requirements gathering and validation
Author and present technical design documentation
Plan and lead major technology assignments
Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- B.S. degree 10 year experience, or M.S. degree 7 year experience, or Ph. D 3 year experience
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Outstanding verbal and written skills are essential
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Experience with overall maintenance, administration, fine tuning, problem management for Oracle (12c preferred) or Sybase
- Experience in backup and recovery, apply patches and upgrades, install and build db structures,
- Experience with query and performance tuning,
- Experience in maintaining security and integrity controls.
- Upgrade versions and apply patches
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- Active Secret clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Active Top Secret SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top