Database Architect 3
Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications. Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications. May create standards and/or do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
Primary duties include:
- Perform database maintenance tasks to support application changes and ensure integrity and efficient performance of the databases. (Typical maintenance tasks include backup, recovery, migration, space management, structural changes, and performance tuning)
- Participate in the research and resolution of database problems.
- Research and install DBMS software packages.
- Document and improve work processes.
- Provide thorough coordination with customers, application developers, customers, and other IT groups.
Analytical tasks include but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Conduct performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Review database design and integration of systems, provide backup recovery and make recommendation regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintain security and integrity controls.
- Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization.
- Develop stored procedures and/or triggers
- 6 years of relevant IT experience with a Bachelor’s in Science degree; 3 years with a Master’s, 0 years with a PhD
- Proven experience as a SQL Server or Oracle Database Architect
- Active Secret Clearance or higher required
- SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012 experience
- Oracle 11, Oracle 12c exposure
- 9 years of overall IT experience and a Bachelor’s degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top