Database Administrator/Developer 3 - TS/SCI
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry's best? They don't. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communicates, our Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Database Administrator 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in the DC Metro area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
NGMS is seeking a DBA for a program that provides large scale O&M for the intelligence community. He or she will Monitor database activity and file usage, and ensure necessary resources are present. Determine data to collect and analyze information as appropriate. Investigate and resolve technical database issues of significance. Oversee the analysis and determination of database performance characteristics, informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for more complex databases. Recommend and implement tuning opportunities to improve system response and run times.
The candidate may be required to define logical attributes and data inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production implementation, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance. Optimize database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes. Limit database accessibility based upon information security level and ensure data spillage from more secure to less secure databases does not occur. Implement and support database security regulations, policies, and guidelines.
He or she may monitor security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; install necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security. Plan and install upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance. Research various hardware and software products; recommend solution and implement approved products. Review and approve application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment. Integrate databases and commercial of the shelf software; resolve conflicts between databases and of the shelf software, operating systems, and open source applications. Design and test database installation, implementation, and recovery scenarios. Determine test to use and collects appropriate data according to established guidelines. Participate in analysis, development and implementation of unique database recovery plans in response to client-impacting outages
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university and 5 years' experience, or a Master's degree and 3 years. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience Database administration or development such as Oracle, Postgres, MarkLogic, MongoDB, SQL Server
- Must be comfortable with either Windows and/or Linux based environments
- TS/SCI with polygraph required
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experience working with computer hardware and software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with database and system maintenance procedures
- Experience working with database creation techniques and database management systems (DBMS) features
- Experience working with database performance tuning
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good programming skills for database management and general software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Security Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience working with Apache Web Services
- Experienced with Python and Ruby programming
- Familiarity with the IC and Defense communities a plus
- Familiarity with SAFe
- Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and x509 certificate
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top