Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Little Rock, AR. Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Arkansas ISS Project, Health and Human Services Business Unit supporting AR Department of Human Services IT requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Database Administrative Support for Microsoft SQL Server databases for the AR Department of Human Services
- Provide database optimization and tuning services for Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Support development and maintenance requirements of applications that support AR DHS core business processes.
- Support and enforce standards that reflect best business practices for AR DHS databases
- Provide backup and restoration support of AR DHS databases
- Configure new servers with SQL Server software also apply software patches to server when required
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Comp Science, Information Management, or related field and 3 years' IT experience with MS Server or MS degree with 1 year MS Server IT. Additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of the degree.
- Experience in database administration in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in database performance tuning through monitoring database environment or tuning system resources, queries, indexes, and other database objects.
- Experience in writing effective database specifications using T-SQL scripts.
- Experience in creating SQL database tables, views, indexes, triggers, synonyms, database links, functions, packages, and stored procedures.
- Experience in installing, patching, configuring, and securing MS servers.
- Working knowledge of capacity planning.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server operating systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a multiple audiences.
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under a full workload and tight deadlines.
- Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder
- Basic skills in database administration in Oracle Server, UDB\DB2
- Experience in shell scripts and PL/SQL, SSIS, SSAS, and/or SSRS
- Working knowledge of operating systems such as Unix or AIX or Linux
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation
- Experience in Installing Third Party Tools to interface with SQL Server
- Certified database administrator in Oracle , Microsoft SQL Server, or UDB\DB2
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top