Northrop Grumman is looking for a Database Administrator to support the DSS program Data Center Operations. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the administration of various databases resident on the DSS network. Provides database administration services including modifications to any system or production application database and pre-production database. Performs schema changes and conversion of the production database during application upgrades and new version releases. The Database Administrator will use industry best practices to manage and maintain the DSS database.
A successful candidate will possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. These assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Provide maintenance to all database components and maintain a secure configuration.
- Provide lifecycle database management services including, but not limited to, design, development, provisioning, creation, modifying and managing data and schema, cloning and backup, troubleshooting, account management, and decommissioning.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization across all DSS databases and database servers.
- Identify and resolve database problems in coordination with the service desk as required.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Develop database dictionaries for all DSS databases.
- Provide IA system validation and assessments.
- Maintain plans, designs, and architecture documentation for all DSS databases and database servers.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support database server operations and administration.
- Maintain the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation for all DSS database servers.
- Maintain the Configuration Management (CM) and change control documentation for all DSS database servers.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve processes and procedures.
- Provide reports on security vulnerability trends and analysis.
- Monitor utilization requirements and conduct planning to ensure appropriate resource capacity management.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer as required.
- 6 Years' experience with Bachelors in an engineering field; 4 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Four (4) additional years of experience may be considered in lieu to degree.
- SQL Server DBA must have significant familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server with Always-On.
- Experience with MS SQL Server to resolve database outages and problems.
- Experience with database design, integration and backup recovery.
- Participated in capacity planning and benchmarking of application workloads.
- Database management programming skills.
- Database performance tuning experience.
- Experience supporting a MS SQL Server Cluster solution that spans multiple data centers.
- Performed DISA STIG vulnerability remediation.
- Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: SQL Server certification equivalent or higher.
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible)
- Experience with Oracle to resolve database outages and oracle problems.
- Experience supporting an Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) solution that spans multiple data centers.
- Oracle Database Certified Professional certification equivalent or higher.
- Experience in implementing scripting automation/orchestration tools.
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community.
- Proven experience supporting a DoD program that consists of multiple Data Centers housing a multi-zone multi-network environment.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills for providing documentation to customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top