Database Administrator 4-TS/SCI/Poly
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector/Integrated Intelligence business unit is seeking a Database Administrator 4 for a program that provides large scale development, testing, deployment and O&M for the HUMINT community. The successful candidate will support the full life cycle development of components using COTS, GOTS, and various in-house applications. The individual will work with members of a diverse project team and participate in the overall database design and administration in support of the creation of web-based and other software applications and must possess excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the database administration of big data analytics using C2S managed services.
The location is Chantilly, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Assigns passwords and maintains database access
* Audit database access and requests
* Ensure that proposed object definitions are clear, concise, technically correct, and that they represent singular concepts.
* Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
* Evaluate proposed objects and their attributes.
* Install and configure database environments and associated storage systems
* Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
* Oversee the daily performance of database systems
* Perform backups/restores, and archive data.
* Perform optimization and tuning of data loads and extractions
* Perform server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems.
* Provide technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects.
* Recommend appropriate procedure, query or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability
* Study system requirements to determine proper server installation methods
* Utilize system software to monitor the performance of system files; manages system data to maintain performance efficiencies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree and a minimum of 9 years related experience.
* Active TS/SCI/Poly Clearance
* At least five (5) years experience in complex relational data model engineering, administrating SQL/NoSQL databases and file-based storage on Unix/Linux/Windows platforms, and database archival, mirroring, replication, and disaster recovery
* Understanding of basic C2S services
* Experience with analytic applications
* Experience working at a Customer site
* Demonstrated experience with Object or component oriented development software -Microsoft Visual C# .NET; Java; Ability to write and execute scripts to manage a DB (Python, Perl, etc.)
* At least five (5) years experience with database performance monitoring and performance optimization techniques
* Demonstrated ability to allocate database storage and perform capacity planning
* Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage and monitor access controls to databases
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top