Database Administrator 4
The Army PPB BOS contract is seeking an experienced Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) to support a United States Government program. This position will require part-time on-site support at the Pentagon. Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers. Other desired strengths include; ability to performance tune the databases (indexes, etc.), recommend enhancements and/or improvements, maintain security and integrity controls, formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience supporting Oracle RDBMS products running on Windows operating systems
- A minimum of 10 years software engineering experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience with Oracle relational database version 11g/12c
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Extensive knowledge of MS Transact SQL store procedure performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Data modeling experience
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills and ability to foster client relationships and working relationships with peers
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and research skills
- Knowledge of DoD financial processes
- DoD Secret clearance
- Conceptual understanding and familiarity with industry standards and techniques for enterprise database systems administration
- Certified Oracle Database Administrator
- Knowledge of Hierarchical Data Structures
- Knowledge of Star Schema concepts
- Knowledge of Oracle streams/replication
- Working knowledge of Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager/Grid Control
- In depth knowledge of Oracle 11g/12c internals to identify and solve database performance issues
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top