Database Administrator 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking qualified Oracle DBA to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located on-site in a government customer facility at Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO. This position will require the ability to effectively work alongside software developers, testers, operations specialists throughout the full lifecycle development. This position will include working within an agile development team to help create and maintain all databases requirement for development, testing and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with the system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Oracle Databases
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances; maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Install new version of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development lifecycle
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Address requests for incident resolution, problem determination, and root-cause analysis of applications issues causing outage or performance degradation.
Available for occasional off-hours support
This is a Database Administrator position, not a Database Developer position
- Must have 3 years with a Bachelors, or 1 year with a Masters, or 7 years in lieu of a degree
- Experience and knowledge with physical database design and providing support to operational/production environment
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance monitoring and necessary adjustments
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Knowledge of database performance tuning
- Must be comfortable with either Windows and/or Linux based environments
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance
- Preferred candidate will possess a minimum of a TS clearance
- Security Certification
- Ability to provide strategic database direction for the program
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development lifecycle
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
- Experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top