Data Scientist, People Analytics
Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Northrop Grumman Human Capital Analytics team where we lead the people and talent analytics function. At Northrop Grumman, our mission is to use data and analytical approaches to inform our most important people decisions.
As an data scientist, you will be curious, detail-oriented, and ethically conscious. You seek to ask questions about people, the business, and how we can use data to find solutions. You're a strategic thinker that can translate data to create well-informed people decisions to enable strategic business outcomes. You want to drive change for our people, are candid and collaborative in taking on our most difficult analytics projects as well as the process and culture changes that accompanies them.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate logic or complex models to business partners
Collaborate with stakeholders, teammates, and business leaders to identify challenges and empower organizations with data
Perform exploratory data analyses to develop hypotheses, develop statistical models or algorithms to enable improved decision making
Create data visualizations using common visualization capabilities (R or Python libraries, Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, etc)
Basic qualifications for a level 3:
- Master's degree in a STEM field, with 3 years of experience; 0 with a PhD.
- Expertise in statistics, data mining, or modeling algorithms including but not limited to regression, decision trees, optimization, clustering.
- Experience with R, Python, or other scripting language.
- Experience with SQL, ETL, and databases.
- Experience collaborating on projects with multiple teams, managing relationships, and communicating findings to audiences.
- Direct experience with people/talent-related data analytics.
- Ability to work with the utmost confidentiality when applicable.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top