Data Scientist 2 - Global Missions Excellence - New Grad 2017
Hiring new graduates is a key strategy in Northrop Grumman's college recruiting program. Northrop Grumman offers a variety of challenging roles for qualified candidates with recent Bachelors degrees in multiple Engineering disciplines. These opportunities can be for rotational programs (Future Technical Leaders or Professional Development Program) or direct placement roles.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is looking for a talented data scientist to join our Sector Analytics Team. This position provides the opportunity to discover emerging technologies and apply innovative approaches for data mining, predictive and prescriptive modeling, and user visualizations. The individual is expected to possess a variety of skills in programming languages and statistical analysis techniques coupled with curiosity and creativity to drive data-driven insight for optimizing enterprise operations.
Be a part of a dynamic movement that is creating the foundation to build a world class analytics capability. The ideal candidate has a passion for data science and a creative aptitude for developing scalable and adaptable solutions in a collaborative multi-functional environment.
- Lead the development of predictive and prescriptive models
- Create data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies
- Research, evaluate, and determine the best fit of analytical tools and techniques
- Integrate and manage disparate and complex data sources
- Enhance, scale, and automate analytics capabilities, models, and visualizations
- Collaborate with external functional organizations for process, data, and system understanding
- Communicate project status and findings to various levels of leadership
- · Pursuing a Masters degree from an accredited college/university in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering related discipline
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top