Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a business development Data Scientist to support new business pursuits, strategy development, and other capture-planning activities in the fast-growing Space ISR (SISR) Division. The selected candidate will join the sector Analytics and Integration team under Operations, and will directly support the Remote Sensing Programs Business Unit (RSP BU) as a critical member.
As a Data Scientist, the selected candidate will participate in activities essential to the identification, qualification, shaping and capture of new business opportunities for the products, capabilities, and customers within RSP BU. This may include, but is not limited to, analyzing competitor data, modeling strategies for optimized outcomes, providing descriptive analytics on competitive landscape, and more . We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic team member to support the pursuit and capture of new business opportunities. The selected candidate should be an open communicator/collaborator across all levels of the organization, dedicated to the success of the team and business area.
Responsibilities of the role may include:
- Leverage tools, such as Tableau, and programming to create higher level information, including patterns and anomalies, from data sources in support of capture efforts
- Understanding and experience in specifying, collecting, processing and presenting information from potentially several disparate data sets, utilizing data science best practices
- Confident communicating actionable insights found within data sources, and generating supporting powerpoints and dashboards
- Understand and communicate where the use of data analysis can be leveraged to better support the capture teams
- Collaborate with Competitive Assessment (CA) and Price To Win (PTW) specialists, consultants, and peers across the NG enterprise to enhance the company's probability of win
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of applicable work experience (0 years with a Master's or Doctorate degree) in data science, mathematics, engineering, or a related STEM field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Interest in learning capture strategy development and business acquisition planning
- Experience with Tableau, Descriptive, Diagnostic, and Predictive Data Analytics and Obtaining Data Sets
- Must be able to travel 20%
- Experience in the DoD or Intel industry
Current TS or higher security clearance
- Experience in new business capture for DoD and/or Intel acquisitions
- Knowledge of capture strategy development and business acquisition planning
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top