Northrop Grumman possesses more than a decade of experience in advanced analyticsand we are looking for top industry talent to support the Mission Systems Sector Data Science Homeroom to advance Business Analytics applications.
This position will entail work in support of a wide range of advanced analytics initiatives. Duties will include leading and supporting the development of data analytics systems; collecting and analyzing data; statistical and qualitative analyses; defining technical strategy; presenting project details; and interfacing with customers.
The individual hired for this position will be required to do the following:
- Develop data analytics systems to support NGMS objectives
- Utilize machine learning algorithms, which may include belief networks, Hidden Markov models, Artificial Immune Systems, Gaussian Mixture Models, Decision Tress, graph theory, Information Geometry, Genetic Algorithms, and basic statistical analysis.
- Test algorithms on large and small data sets, including textual, numeric, temporal, and symbolic data
- Employ relevant analytics COTS products
- Program in Python
- Understand data storage and retrieval techniques, ETL, and databases
- Systems engineering knowledge, and ability to design data storage and management systems in support of analytics
- Ability to incorporate user experience principles for systems and display development
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop solutions to problems and potential problems
- Interface with customers and consumers to develop system requirements
- Tell the story of the data
BS degree in a STEM related field with a minimum of 5 years of related professional experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD
The experience should include:
- Data Analytics systems development
- Software Engineering
- Systems Integration
- Information Management
- Machine learning algorithm development experience
- Systems engineering experience
- User experience and design for systems development
- Big data/data science experience
- MS or Ph.D. Degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top