Data Mgmt Analyst 3/4
Northrop Grumman ES&CSO is seeking a skilled and experienced data quality lead to join our rapidly evolving Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team and have an immediate impact on decision-making and help address some of the organization's most complex information management challenges. Extensive knowledge of data quality principles, processes, tools and technology and strong collaboration with customers and stakeholders across multiple organizations is key to success in this role.
This Data Quality Lead is responsible for analyzing and understanding Northrop Grumman organization's goals, business needs, enterprise architecture and current information management solutions. This person will apply this understanding to lead efforts in defining, architecting, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining a data quality strategy, framework and solutions (to include policies, procedures, governance and measurement) to establish and quantitatively improve data quality and information management effectiveness within Northrop Grumman.
The individual in this role will work with various key stakeholders across the enterprise within multiple business functions and programs to successfully perform the following job responsibilities:
- Develop the enterprise data quality strategy, approach and architecture
- Work with individuals across all Information Governance organization levels to create and maintain data quality framework, policies and standards
- Develop policies, guidelines, business definitions, procedures, tools, metrics, and standards for managing data quality
- Implement data quality
- Establish and maintain data quality within Northrop Grumman using data governance policies and best practices
- Provide strong leadership to ensure effective implementation of data quality policies within Northrop Grumman
- Implement policies, guidelines, procedures, tools, metrics, and standards for managing data quality
- Integrate data quality into existing processes and procedures across the enterprise
- Plan, lead, and perform research to help address issues related to establishing data quality within Northrop Grumman
- Actively participate in related technical and programmatic meetings and working groups
- Facilitate qualification and prioritization of data quality requests
- Identify and mitigate data quality risk
- Communicate and improve the data quality framework and architecture
- Develop and deliver effective presentations and other educational artifacts to communicate and promote the appropriate rationalization of data quality within Northrop Grumman
- Define and implement improvements to the data quality strategy, framework, roadmap and solutions
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
Basic Qualifications for a level 3:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Science or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience or master's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Science or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or 10 years of relevant work experience.
Basic Qualifications for a level 4:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Science or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience or master's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Science or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or 14 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with data profiling and/or quality tools such as SAP. Information Steward/Data Insight or equivalent tools.
- Experience working with large complex systems or enterprise data solutions.
- Understanding of data models at the conceptual, logical and physical levels.
- Understanding of relational and non-relational database structures and concepts.
- Basic knowledge of the entire data eco-system.
- Proven passion for the data quality discipline.
- Strong project management (emphasis on leading schedule-driven efforts)
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, and problem-solving skills (emphasis on root cause analysis).
- Ability to work independently and within cross functional groups.
- Strong consultative skills and experience with leadership at multiple organizational levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with proven ability to influence business outcomes.
- Ability to tailor communication and presentations to the appropriate audience (technical, non-technical, cross-functional, management, etc.).
- Strong stakeholder engagement.
- Customer-focused with ability to build and maintain relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to work and provide leadership in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and proactively work to produce a successful solution.
- Relevant experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Operational experience with SAP and other major ERP systems.
- Any related professional certifications (e.g., Certified Information Management Professional, Information Quality Certified Professional, ISO 8000).
- Basic knowledge of Big Data platforms, Hortonworks, Hadoop , MapReduce, SORL, Hive, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile approach.
- Experience of presenting on Data Quality at a major industry conference.
- Published papers or articles on Data Quality in a major media site, industry journal or trade magazine.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top