Data Management Scientist-15277
Data Scientist will support the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO or Redstone Arsenal, AL. The Data Scientist will be focused on the modeling of complex enterprise research, algorithmic mining, data analytics research, collection and analysis of data, data triage, statistical and qualitative analysis of enterprise data in support of the Missile Defense Integration & Operations Center (MDIOC) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Enterprise and its facilities, and IT Services. The Data Scientist will review enterprise data models, ETL processes, Perform analysis on data gathered within the Hadoop and traditional data warehouse technologies, conduct timeline analysis, assess data mining techniques, review requirements development, and provide guidance for data visualization efforts.
The Data Scientist will also coordinate with data stewards, data analysts, and data architects in the development of transitional data models, cubes, and DataMart’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and 25 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years leadership/supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of of Bill Inmon or Ralph Kimble data warehousing concepts
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in systems-of-systems definitions and integration
- Experience with data research and mining efforts, system design and development (i.e., Hadoop, Java, C#, Python, Scala)
- Experience with large complex dynamic environments, with requirements volatility and customer re-prioritization.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Must have a CompTIA Security certification or equivalent, or the ability to obtain one
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or related discipline
- Knowledge of LINUX operating systems
- Experience with MicroStrategy, Talend Studio, Microsoft SQL Data Warehouse, JIRA, Hadoop
- Working knowledge of system architecture practices and frameworks (e.g. DODAF, Zachman, FEAF, TOGAF)
- Familiarity with various systems engineering life-cycles and the ITIL framework
- Experience with the Ballistic Missile Defense System, Missile Defense Agency and its enterprise, and/or the Missile Defense Integration & Operations Center
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top