Data Management Analyst
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Data Detection Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of health and human services technology for modernization of systems in the States. This position will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health and Social Service Solutions Operating Unit located in Providence Rhode Island.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates State Medicaid data and systems business requirements for existing and new business development
- Documents technical and business specifications and functional needs and modifies existing requirements.
- Leads the data analysis and profile efforts for new client implementations and system enhancements
- Facilitates technical meetings with IT and business project team.
- Provides data mappings, user interface specifications, processing logic as per business requirements to the Developer
- Performs complex fraud detection analysis utilizing claims, enrollment files and other data
- Coordinates activities with investigative side to test and refine fraud analysis techniques.
- Communicates with clients, developers and other team members
- Tests development efforts and assists clients in user acceptance testing
- Creates and maintains a project plan, documents meeting notes and distributes to team.
- Provides regular status reports to clients, developers, and management as needed
- Provides mentorship and guidance to junior Analysts on the team as needed.
- 6 years of experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Political Science, Business/Public Administration or other related field
- 5 years investigative and/or audit data analysis support experience with a minimum three years directly related to healthcare fraud
- 3 years' data detection experience in a government investigative, compliance or audit program
- Direct experience with Federal, State or Local procurement process
- 2 years' experience utilizing large data sets in an investigative or audit function
- 2 years' experience designing and executing complex data queries utilizing diverse data sources as well as both structured and unstructured data
- Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel. Required experience in Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SQL, and Visio.
- Must be familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts.
- Ability to drive project timelines to completion with a cross-functional team.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, fluently in English.
- Ability to develop professional relationships.
- Detail driven and possesses an intellectual curiosity to go deeper into data
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work independently as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top