Data Architect 6-19245
Data Architect shall work closely with our ETL development staff and Data Scientist to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs. Data Architect develops database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams. Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation. Creates BI/Data Warehousing cube and datamart designs. Creates source to target mappings in support of customer requirements. Evaluate the development, performance, and operations of fact table structures, cubes, and datamarts, in coordination with the data scientist and data stewards related to data quality and source data evaluation. The Data Architect shall participate with the customer for status briefings, working-level meetings, and other information gathering/dissemination forums as necessary in support of the Missile Defense Integration & Operations Center (MDIOC) and Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Enterprise with its facilities, IT Services, and the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) integration & operations mission.
- Master's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline and 26 years relevant work experience
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in systems-of-systems definitions and integration.
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in dimensional modeling techniques.
- Understanding of data research and mining efforts, system design and development.
- Data Modeling on Hadoop, Microsoft SLQ Server, or Oracle based and based systems.
- Familiarity with Data Modeling tools like ERWin.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Must possess a Security CE certification or equivalent
Experience and demonstrated expertise with one or more of the following:
- Ballistic Missile defense experience
- Knowledge of LINUX operating systems
- Cloudera Hadoop
- Microsoft SQL Data Warehouse
- Working knowledge of system architecture practices and frameworks
(e.g. DODAF, Zachman, FEAF, TOGAF).
- Familiarity with various systems engineering life-cycles and the ITIL framework.
- Experience with large complex dynamic environments, with requirements volatility and customer re-prioritization.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top