Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Principal Engineer (Top Secret)
- Dulles, VA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Information Assurance (IA) / Cybersecurity Systems Engineer to support multiple Space Programs, with responsibilities across Space Segments, Communications Segments, and Ground Segments:
• Working as part of integrated product teams (IPTs) to architect, implement, and satisfy Risk Management Framework (RMF) CyberSecurity, Cyber FOT&E, CyberResilience, and/or CyberSurvivability requirements of: satellite systems, communications links, and ground command & control (C2) systems.
• Supporting early program protection requirements, working with systems engineers to decompose system-level security requirements across the segments and down to specific components.
• Performing Attack Surface Analysis and preparing Systems Security Plans (SSPs) documentation for complex space systems, including Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTM), and Security Assessment Reports.
• Executing assessment procedures to verify conformance with Commercial, Federal Civilian agency, Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community, and/or Special Access Program, IA/Cyber security controls, and or survivability requirements, as required based on the specified customer/system requirements.
• Performing systems engineering, integration, and test activities for security-critical components, such as Cross Domain Solutions, cryptographic devices, and controlled interfaces.
• Working in an Agile engineering environment, where the Cybersecurity Engineer may assist in triage of Static Code Analysis (SCA) tool findings (e.g. Fortify) and assist in prioritizing the findings as technical debt in the SwDLC backlog.
• Conducting system vulnerability scanning, remediation and patch management activities on Windows and Red Hat operating systems and various COTS/GOTS applications, including those within virtualized environments.
• Ensuring systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the system security authorization package.
• Assisting with software patch installation, antivirus updates, and continuous monitoring activities.
Designs and implements information assurance and security engineering systems with requirements of business continuity, operations security, cryptography, forensics, regulatory compliance, internal counter-espionage (insider threat detection and mitigation), physical security analysis (including facilities analysis, and security management). Assesses and mitigates system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle. Validates system security requirements definition and analysis. Establishes system security designs. Implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures. Verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities. Supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
• Must have U.S. Citizenship with active or current Top Secret level clearance
• BS degree with minimum 5 years of IA/cybersecurity experience.
• Current DoD 8570 IASAE Level II certification (i.e., CASP CE, CISSP (or associate) or CSSLP).
• Experience designing deployments, implementing, or operating DISA Host Based Security System (HBSS) or Endpoint Security Suite (ESS) solutions.
• Experience with industry platform hardening practices, such as DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation, as well as design and documentation for appropriate deviations and mitigations.
• Experience remediating, mitigating, and reporting cybersecurity vulnerabilities discovered through use of audit reduction tools and/or the DISA Automated Security Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) tool.
• Experience implementing the RMF process from system concept definition/system categorization (Step 1) through continuous monitoring (Step 6).
• Background in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering.
• Experience in an engineering capacity within the defense aerospace industry.
• Active SCI access.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top