Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Cybersecurity Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Northern Virginia or Washington DC area. This is an onsite position and telework will not be authorized.
- Design and develop solutions for customer’s enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Serve as the primary technical interface to the customer and perform liaison functions between customer leadership and the technical teams.
- Take complex issues and explain them simply to customer leadership while also providing tailored recommendations on courses of action.
- Evaluate complex enterprise security infrastructure and ensure the disparate components are well integrated, secure, and operating efficiently.
- Ensure system security needs are established and maintained for operations.
- Develop security requirements, perform security risk assessments, and perform systems analysis and systems design.
- Perform security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation,systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning.
- Perform disaster recover, and business continuity planning.
- Provide analytical support for security policy development and analysis.
Integrate architectural analysis of cyber security features as it relates to existing systems as well as future needs and trends.
- Position may also apply advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction.
- Perform gap analysis and provide recommendations.
- Works closely with Program Managers and Capture Managers to fully understand technical requirements and recommend solutions.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
The successful Architect:
- Must have strong problem solving and organization skills
Must be able to build and maintain excellent relationships with the customer
- A self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of internal and external customer’s management with minimum direct supervision
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills; this is a critical requirement for this position. Candidate must be able to clearly communicate technical approaches and findings.
- BS and 10 years of broad IT experience in information security, information systems, or related field of study
- 2 years working as a Cybersecurity Architect supporting a large enterprise IT system
- 8 years Cybersecurity related experience
- Experience in managing projects larger [> $100k] requiring highly-skilled and diverse integrated project teams to include multiple simultaneous activities or projects
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-53) and Committee for National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253)
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) as per our contract requirements
- Must not have traveled outside of the US for more then a combined 6 months total in the last 5 years
- Must have lived in the United States for the last 5 years
- Position is based in Washington DC and/or Northern Virginia and does not offer relocation assistance
- Master’s degree in technical field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Systems Security, Electrical Engineering, Physical Sciences)
- Outstanding organizational and oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new technologies and concepts
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to provide detailed reporting
- Certifications such as CISSP or other security certifications i.e. CEH, ISSAP/ISSMP, CRISC, SANS
- Familiarity with building and designing enterprise security strategies and roadmaps
- Experience with cybersecurity technologies and advanced threat management solutions
- Experience with cloud, mobile, SIEM, and open source security technologies
- Experience integrating heterogeneous operational security technologies
- Experience with Enterprise Security Architecture
- Experience leading a Security Assessment / Red Team function
- Experience with product security vulnerability management, responsible disclosure, publishing CVEs, and experience working with security research community
- Experience in standards frameworks CVSS, ISO, NIST, ITIL, etc…
- Prior USPS experience
- Active USPS Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top