Cyber/Linux Systems Administrators levels 2 and 3
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join our team. We are seeking Cyber Systems Administrators to join our team in Pensacola, FL.
This role will support large computing systems and state of the art solutions to a wide range of technical problems for classified programs and projects supporting the Department of Defense (DoD).
The Systems Administrator for 24x7x365 classified operations will design, install, configure, secure, troubleshoot and maintain operating systems for mission critical servers in support of classified DoD programs.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage Enterprise Red Hat Linux computing infrastructure.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Work with a team of Service desk and systems Administrators. May be called upon to assist with Service desk issues.
- Utilize Remedy ticketing system for trouble management documentation.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to DOD agencies and internal customers.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Research and recommend/assist in improving system performance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with remote customers.
The selected candidate must obtain and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 or higher certification prior to starting. For a list of qualified certifications, please reference http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field plus 3 or more years of relative IT administration experience; OR a Master's degree in a related technical field plus 1 or more years of relevant IT administration experience; OR 7 or more years of relative IT administration experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux systems.
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing ability.
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Current, active Top Secret clearance.
- Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 (or higher) certification prior to starting.
- RedHat Linux systems experience
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides(STIGs)
- RHCSA, Netflow
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top