Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst 3 / 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst 3 / 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
This position will work with the Cybersecurity Operations Center to identify, analyze, and mitigate threats to the customer’s network.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide 24/7 continuous monitoring of all information systems within the environment.
- Determine root cause of identified anomalous and or malicious activity through analysis and report generation as applicable in accordance with organizational computer network directives.
- Develop tools and queries for parsing existing data sets to identify anomalous and potentially malicious activity.
- Collaborate with external entities and authorities to collect and share Indicators of Compromise (IoC) and discovered intelligence.
- Develop and distribute situational activity reports on existing and newly discovered vulnerabilities within and without the organization, as applicable.
- Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities for situational awareness and metric generation.
- Recommend mitigation Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) for identified malicious logic within the customer’s environment.
- Capable of performing basic static and dynamic malware analysis.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the identification and investigation of malware activity on the network.
- Collaborate with Incident Response and Threat Detection personnel for the investigation and remediation of identified threats.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4
Basic Qualifications – To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
Basic Qualifications for a level 3 Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst is: Bachelors’ Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related technical experience; or an additional 4 years of work experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree
Basic Qualifications for a level 4 Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst is Bachelors’ Degree and a minimum of 9 years of related technical experience; or an additional 4 years of work experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience with tools and techniques that monitor and defend all networks, enclaves and systems on a 24/7 basis
- Must be a self-starter and work well in a team environment
- Ability to gain and maintain a Public Trust clearance – requires US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status. Must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in the last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- Position is based in Raleigh, NC and does not provide relocation assistance
Preferred Qualifications – Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
Active Top Secret or Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Active Top Secret or Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Active Public Trust clearance
- CEH, GCIA, GCIH, CCNA, OSCP, or CISSP Certification
- Link analysis and hostile infrastructure tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience conducting network forensics concurrent with IT, military or law enforcement investigations.
- Experience with Splunk or parsing large data sets
- Experience with PCap data
- Experience IDS log capture and Einstein reporting
- Experience with malware reverse engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top