Cyber Systems Test Engineer 3/4
Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking to fill the role of Cyber Systems Test Engineer 3/4. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Cyber Solution Division engaged in Cyber Software Systems Development for the Intelligence Community. This is a challenging hands-on technical opportunity for a Test Engineer to join a high performing team of professionals developing and testing leading edge software systems including mobile applications and cloud technologies. We are looking for an experienced Test Engineer that has a background of working closely with other members of a technical development team. The Test Engineer should be familiar with system life cycle processes and with all aspects of software testing to include system, integration, and regression testing as required. The Test Engineer's responsibilities will consist of analyzing requirements, testing newly developed systems, tracking discrepancies, and writing and executing test cases.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of an agile software development test team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment learning new tools and processes.
- Test software applications in various environments (e.g., Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Android OS), and verify software integration with web services and custom hardware technologies.
- Validate software requirements through functional, usability, performance, security, stress, compatibility, internationalization, ad-hoc, and regression tests.
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans and procedures for software systems.
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical discussion.
- Review user stories, backlog items, analyze testability of requirements and provide feedback.
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to clarify user stories and determine appropriate testing scenarios to validate the iterative development of products against functional and technical specifications.
- Timely identification of issues and effectively communicate adequate priority level and impact to software developers, project manager, and appropriate parties to facilitate issue resolutions.
- Demonstrate work at the completion of sprints to key stakeholders to ensure solutions meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with development teams to define product functionality.
- Conduct test case reviews and ensure all test activities are properly executed and documented according to our client's standards.
- Configure hardware and software test equipment as required
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. "
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
Basic Qualifications for a level 3 are a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and a minimum of 5 years' related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for a level 4 are a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and a minimum of 9 years' related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/CSI with Polygraph is required.
- Experience with various aspects of software or hardware testing (e.g., component, integration, system and acceptance testing).
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and self-manage multiple project tasks
- Experience with providing test estimation to management and project teams
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Strong experience translating requirements and user stories into functional test plans.
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting experience isolating system failures.
- Ability to articulate open issues and risks in a timely manner to management and make recommendations.
- Ability to clearly identify and document defects, and collaborate with the development team to prioritize bugs until resolution.
- Development Test experience working with integrated product teams.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Possess a confident communication style, promote strong communication, and ability to provide leadership and mentorship to junior staff.
- Experience with testing web services and mobile applications on iOS or Android devices.
- Experience with TargetProcess agile management software.
- Demonstrated ability to install and configure virtual machines.
- Experience with modifying system BIOS settings.
- Familiarity with computer security measures.
- Proficiency with UNIX command lines.
- Experience with test automation
- Self-starter with the ability to pick up and learn new products with little supervision, as well as adapt to a variety of situations and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to write well-articulated test plans and facilitate product demonstrations.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top