Cyber Systems Security Engineer 2 or 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Security Engineer 2 or 3. This position is located in Fairfax, Va.
The position evaluates the security posture of systems, network devices, and makes recommendations to Mission Systems Security Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide analyses of system requirements relating to security/vulnerability reviews, risk, and contingency planning.
- Develop plans of actions and milestones (POA&M's) and/ or risk assessments for identified vulnerabilities, and work with multiple teams to track the execution of POA&M items to completion.
- Supports C&A activities, and conducts ongoing monitoring of compliance with required IA controls
- Develops and collaborates on certification and accreditation documentation. Produce documentation to facilitate an IATO and ATO when new systems are brought on line.
- System Scans: Running scans with provided tools such as GoldDisk, NESSUS, WASSP, SECSCN, and MBSA. Must be knowledgeable in analyzing system scans; filtering out false positive results by manually reviewing system settings.
- Resolve and/or mitigate findings as necessary.
- Create scripts to automate tasks.
- Review and evaluate all alerts, notices, and bulletins for impact to applications. Monitor all vendor vulnerability reports, National Vulnerability Database, and USCert Cyber Security Bulletins for impact to applications.
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."
"This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3"
Basic Qualifications for a level 2 are a Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related STEM degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience.
Basic Qualifications for a level 3 are a Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related STEM degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: NIST, FISMA, DITSCAP/DIACAP, DCID, and other security/IA-related military/Federal requirements
- Demonstrated experience with security vulnerability and remediation products
- Knowledge of IT Systems Analysis, IT policy and planning, and IT project management
- Active/Current TS/SCI clearance w/polygraph clearance.
- CISSP, MCSA/MCSE, CCNA, RHCSA, Server , Network and/or VCP certifications
- Familiarity with McAfee Firewall Enterprise / Sidewinder and McAfee Intrusion Detection Appliances
- Ability to create and modify scripts
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Active Directory and DNS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top