Cyber Systems Engineering Manager 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a System Engineering Cyber Security/Anti-Tamper (AT) Section Manager (SO2) that will have a dual role. The dual role will be distributed approximately as an 80% technical role contribution and then provide approximately a 20% Function Homeroom role contribution. The candidate will join our Specialty Engineering team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The selected candidate will have experience as a System Security Engineering Leader in all phases of acquisition, design, integration, and execution. The position will require technical work and management of one of our Cyber Security / Anti-Tamper Sections within the Manned Aircraft Directorate Specialty Engineering Department.
The selected candidate will continue in their current work position (within Cyber/Anti-Tamper) with added responsibility of 15% on average functional Homeroom management duties. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels to rapidly assess and lend guidance to projects assigned to the organizational group as well as demonstrated mentoring and guidance to engineers.
The candidate must have adequate technical experience in both Cyber Security and Anti-Tamper domains to guide, assess proper progress and facilitate the development of individuals within the section. The successful candidate should have a foundation in cybersecurity, information assurance, and/or anti-tamper engineering with a strong desire to be a passionate systems thinker that is committed to working to develop innovative solutions to protect our military technology and our nation.
* Sets operating objectives and provides guidance to assigned employees.
* Develops and maintains talent within the section
* Assesses program health and performance
* Provides assistance to programs for section staffing, skills, and processes
* Ensures workforce is properly trained for successful achievement of program goals
* Guides programs through technical and/or operational issue resolution
* Interacts with equivalent level managers and programs to maintain performance
* Provides insight into section status and performance to Department Manager
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of engineering experience
* 5+ years of experience demonstrating competence in the application of system security design and certification requirements over the Systems Engineering Lifecycle.
* 5+ years of experience completing RMF requirements/certification procedures.
* 5+ years of experience with the DoD Anti-Tamper Technical Implementation Guide.
* 5+ years of experience with developing Anti-Tamper Plans and Analyses.
* 5+ years of experience generating program Protection Implementation Plans and Analyses.
* Active in-scope DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to maintain it throughout employment
* The ability to obtain Special Program Access
* Master's degree in a STEM discipline
* One or more of the DoD 8570.01 approved IA Baseline Certifications
* Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
* Experience in a leadership or technical leadership role
* Experience working with Government AT and/or Accreditation Authorities (AO) agencies
* Experience equivalent toATEA PO Course Sequence (AT Short Course, AT Threats Against Components and AT Basic and Advanced Crypto).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top