Cyber Systems Engineer (Splunk) 3/4
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Cyber Systems Engineer (Splunk) 3/4 position will be located in McLean, VA. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- We're looking for an innovative Systems Engineer to architect, design, develop, test, and deploy a sophisticated Splunk-based Security Risk Management solution centered in a Fused Data Environment integrating Big Data, Advanced Visualization and System Management Dashboards.
- Successful candidate may be involved in a project comprising the following areas: Security Risk Assessment, Advanced Analytics, Security Operations, Data Science, Data Integration and Metrics Development.
- A Certified Splunk Architect or Certified Enterprise Splunk Administrator is most desirable.
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience required for the level 3 role. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years' experience required for the level 4 role. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years of experience of professional Systems Engineering experience, configuration of Windows and Linux OS.
- Minimum 3-4 years' work experience with Splunk real-time.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design. Write server-side code for data collection, search and indexing.
- At least 2 years' experience in managing technical documentation processes and procedures for systems integration solutions.
- Strong experience including hands-on experience with virtualization technologies, knowledge of software engineering life cycle (SELC) and agile best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with large, complex teams in a systems engineering environment to define and execute written customer deliverables.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Splunk 6.x, Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10, Linux OS, VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, RSA Archer.
- Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework and DHS.
- CDM Program and related products a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top