Cyber Systems Engineer / Networking 3 / 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team which supports Air Mobility Command's Mobility Air Forces Distributed Mission Operations (MAF DMO) and other Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) programs located in Orlando, FL.
The MAF DMO Engineer designs and plans network communications systems with a focus on DoD simulation system networking implementations and technologies. As a member of a team of network engineers supporting DoD customers and technology implementations and he/she must maintain competence in general routing, switching, and IP security technologies. He/she will also be responsible for active participation in the planning, design and implementation of architectures supporting customer missions and requirements.
The MAF DMO Engineer should be familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). And, will be required to support the development, documentation, tracking of measurements and metrics.
- Design and implementation of existing and new secure network architectures which include both hardware and software switches, firewalls and routers
- Collaborating with other engineers on proposed designs and implementations
- Identifying network problems, isolating root causes, and initiating corrective action
- Providing technical analysis to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services
- Ascertaining compliance with security, safety, and environmental guidelines
- Implementing DoD Cyber Security requirements
- Implementation of access and monitoring controls
- Managing firewall ACLs, site to site and remote access VPNs
- Ensuring proper operation of routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP
- Developing standard operating procedures and design guides which outline implementation of various technologies
- Documenting technical projects and briefing details to team members
M-F, 9/80 work schedule available
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Level 3 or a Level 4
Basic Education Qualifications:
- Level 3: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline with 5 years of experience/ 3 with Masters / an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement
- Level 4: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline with 9 years of experience; 7 with Masters; 0 with PhD / an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement
Basic Qualifications for both Level 3 and 4:
- US Citizenship is required with an Active DoD Secret Clearance/an interim Secret is required to start
- DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher (GSEC, SCCP, Security CE or CCNA-Security) (reference: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified certifications).
- Experience with architecting, designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining WAN/LAN networks, to include the associated, encryption, firewalls, routers, switches
- In-Depth knowledge of theoretical and practical applications of the TCP/IP Stack, OSI Model, and DoD Reference models.
- Cisco IOS command line experience
- Passport required for international travel
- Troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Cisco switches, routers, boundary protection (firewalls, intrusion protection devices/intrusion detection devices, etc.) and various other network managed devices
- Demonstrated Network engineering experience with servers and network installations/integrations
Preferred Qualifications for both Level 3 and 4:
- Cisco Unified Communications voice and video processing technologies such as VCS Expressway, Expressway-Core, MCS, Call Manager, SIP, H.323
- Expertise in the following: Voice and video protocols, IP routing, QoS, traffic engineering, DNS; DHCP; HSRP; transparent firewalls
- Implementation and familiarity with utilizing Cisco Access Control Server (ACS 5.x)
- Expertise working with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Windows Hyper-V
- Familiarization with tuning and deploying network monitoring/management servers such as Solarwinds Orion
- Applicable knowledge of network configuration and support for Command and Control simulation systems experience with: DIS (Distributed Interactive Simulation); HLA (High Level Architecture); TENA: (Test and Training, Enabling Architecture); Modeling and Simulation
- DISA network services and utilization as a network engineer who utilizes DISA services
- Ordering, tracking and activating DISA TDM and IP circuits
- Troubleshooting, implementing, configuring TDM T-1/T-3s for data traffic
- VPN technologies to include MPLS and L2TPv3
- Broad networking-centric expertise with operating systems such as various Linux distributions, Windows server and workstation, and hypervisors
- IP multicast (PIM, IGMP and source routing protocols)
- DMVPN using multiple overlays in small to medium enterprise environments
- General Dynamics Taclanes to include the Micro and Gig-E models
- General Dynamics Encryption Manager (GEMX) software for managing Taclanes
- Certifications in the following environments: Unix, Linux, Security - CISSP, Network Eng. – CCNA, CCNP Route/Switch, CCNP-Voice, CCNP-Security, Network , Security
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top