Cyber Systems Engineer 5
Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems Division, NCC Program is seeking an experienced lead systems engineer to provide technical and project leadership to a large classified program in the Maryland area. This leader will be responsible for all aspects of the technical solution of the programs. The selected candidate will work directly with the customer and program manager to identify risks, establish program baselines, manage cost/schedule/technical tradeoffs, and ensure delivered products meet customer expectations. In addition to supporting specific programs, the candidate will also support the broader OU chief engineer strategic objectives through R&D planning and execution, and strategic vision creation and implementation.
Roles and responsibilities for this position include:
- Internal and external program reporting including earned value, engineering metrics, and program reviews
- Bridge technology and mission communities
- Responsible for key requirements, mission capability and top level design
- Responsible for innovation process and driving innovation onto the program
- Identify relevant stakeholders in the design, development, fielding, operation, and disposal of the system
- Interact regularly with technical and managerial government customers to understand current and future needs
- Write, plan, contribute to, and manage white papers
- Stay abreast of long-term trends in the customer community and broader industry
- Participate in capture and proposal activities
- Assist with program associated IRADs providing voice of the customer feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
- 14 years in engineering
- Must have a strong technical and software engineering background in one or more of SIGINT, Cyber, Network Defense, System Security
- Broad process background in one or more of EV, requirements management, MBSE, software architectures and development, lean Agile development, DevOps
- Ability to perform work independently and work across a variety of technical and customer personnel
- Ability to work as the part of a diverse, multi-discipline team dedicated to delivering world-class solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in innovation and problem solving
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Current/active TS/SCI clearance with full scope poly
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Experience with MPO customer
- Technical and software engineering background in multiple areas of: SIGINT, Cyber, Network Defense, System Security
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top