Cyber Systems Engineer 5
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Join us on the edge… The Cutting Edge! Transforming the future of technology…
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge...Work with the technology you need to succeed...
We have an opportunity for a Cyber Systems Engineer in our Germantown, Maryland location.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and effect the image of the organization technological capability.
Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- 14 Years with Bachelors Degree; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD
- Top Secret is required with ability to obtain an agency-specific security fitness or suitability determination such as the Department of Homeland Security Entry on Duty or EOD (offers will be contingent on this)
- Capable of meeting the demands in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to measure and enforce SLA parameters.
- Excellent customer support skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and identify patterns quickly
- Excellent documentation skills
- 10 years experience working as a Cyber Security Engineer
- 10 years hands on working with Cyber Detection tools
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- 10 years working experience in an Enterprise security operations center
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Working knowledge of Change Control practices.
- Good team player
- Current: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- US Citizenship
- Master's degree in Cyber Security (or related field) with 7 years of related work experience
- Current: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top