Cyber Systems Engineer 5
Northrop Grumman’s National Cyber Intel Systems is seeking highly talented System Engineers to serve as dynamic technical contributors of a team conducting automated analytic efforts for a U.S. Government customer located in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. This is an exciting opportunity to support leading edge cloud-based, analytic system and software solutions from definition to initial production.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analysis is performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Candidate will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Candidate will perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
As one of the most senior technical experts on the team, the Cyber Systems Engineer will interface directly with users and customers providing foresight and technical guidance aimed at satisfying mission needs. As a key contributor to the success of the program, the SWE will collaborate with software and systems engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of complex software systems. Will provide technical leadership to the software development team and work complex technical tasks under general guidance from the team lead. The Principal Software Engineer on this program will be asked to mentor and facilitate the development of junior engineers who join. Additionally, will interact with senior company management and customers, responsible for generating white papers and innovative solutions for program growth and will be responsible to convey new techniques and technologies to the analytic workforce.
- 14 years’ experience with a Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related engineering field; five years of related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – DODAF, SOA, etc.
- Experience assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Proven ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Ability to develop advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Excellent communication skills to include speaking and writing.
- Current TS/SCI w/Poly is required.
- Experience coordinating the resolution of action items from CCB meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
- Experience developing system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Ability to derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred as essential to system effectiveness.
- Ability to derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
- Experience generating Analysis Of Alternatives.
- Experience developing system design solutions that satisfy the system requirements and fulfill the functional analysis.
- Experience providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems.
- Experience implementing comprehensive SOA solutions.
- Experience in establishing and following a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- Experience in tracking and managing program risk.
- Proven ability in acting as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
This position is contingent on funding.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top