Cyber Systems Engineer 3/4 - Cloud Computing (TS SCI Poly)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 3 or 4. This position is located in Fairfax, Va.
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of a transformation that leverages the AWS cloud to build and deliver new capabilities? Are you seeking to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a portfolio of highly visible and strategic programs at Northrop Grumman that are migrating existing mission and business applications to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) based environment.
This position affords a unique opportunity for someone who is customer service oriented, with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, when required. Excellent oral and written communication skills will assist in providing prompt communication to the customer, and across engineering disciplines. The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform and complete tasks with minimal or no supervision. The System Engineer must be aware of all activities associated with the design, configuration, qualification, certification, security features, operation, and requirements of the product/project.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Share fundamental knowledge of Systems Engineering practices, network technologies, system development life-cycles and methodologies
- Understand how their tasks fit within the overall program operational objectives and perform their work accordingly
- Develop and document technical standard operating processes and procedures as needed
- Participate in team reviews of technical requirements, design and implementation plans prior to deployment
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance, reliability, and security of the system including installing, upgrading, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
- Removing obstacles to enhance project team efficiency and effectiveness, including reaching out to larger organizational network for impediment removal; ensuring cross-team coordination
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."
"This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4"
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3 are:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related technical field and a minimum of 9 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must have a minimum of an active Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- Experience in preparing and/or reviewing technical and programmatic documentation
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- Translating technical concepts and program information to others
- Performing technical planning
- System integration
- Verification and Validation
- Cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- AWS Solutions Architect or similar AWS Certification
- Two or more years' experience working with systems hosted on Cloud platforms
- Experience leading technical planning and system integration workflows and methods
- Solid understanding of planning, design, and implementation tasks necessary to support a large enterprise system.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top