Cyber Systems Engineer 3-19355
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Cybersecurity Engineer to support Digital/HWIL Event Planning and Operations (DEPO). Apply system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the DEPO security posture. Execute and assist in shaping RMF policy in line with directives to include DoD, MDA, and NIST. Author documentation. Engineer procedures and processes. Support auditing
effort for all of DEPO's mission-based enclaves and systems, as well as implementation of technical controls and ongoing vulnerability management processes (i.e., STIG, IAVA/IAVM, etc.). Support Command Cyber Readiness Inspection preparations, to include mock CCRI audits, data collection and reporting, Score Card updates, POA&M updates, and routine assessment reports. Will be able to evaluate different network and enclave configurations with respect to the NIST 800-53 Security Controls and formulate and execute effective auditing and incident response programs. This position will also be involved in supporting the RMF C&A process, for instance eMASS maintenance, POA&M development and maintenance, authoring RMF Policy/Procedures, and similar activities. Successful candidate will be accountable for quality work products. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment. Strong writing skills to produce coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation. Ability to create and work within schedules and timelines.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience, or Associates degree and 12 years of experience.
- Candidate must hold an active DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAT Level II Approved Baseline Certification (Security or equivalent) with ability to acquire IAT Level III Approved Baseline Certification within 6 months (Currently the certifications that fall into this category are CISA, GCIH, GDED, CASP CE, Associate CISSP, and CISSP).
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well in a team environment, have strong interpersonal skills and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Active DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program CNDSP Incident Responder or CNDSP Auditor approved Baseline Certifications. Currently the certifications that fall into this category are: GCIH, CSIH, GCFA, SCYBER, and CEH.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Linux Red Hat and Microsoft operating systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of boundary protection devices, including firewalls and IPS devices.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Host-Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC) capabilities and operations.
- Active DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAT Level III Approved Baseline Certification.
- DoD cybersecurity experience.
- MDA cybersecurity experience.
- Understanding of project management basics.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top